Best of the mid-fat touring skis, the Camox Freebird has an updated core and a shortened ABS section.
It’s livelier than its predecessor, and has more grip; but above all, this Camox Freebird has been made distinctly lighter, which makes a lot of difference in a touring ski. A sporty flex, classic camber and double rocker, all the pleasure of off-piste in a touring version.
- Intermediate width: 96 mm wide at the tail.
- Progressive front rocker and slight rear rocker: pivot control, manoeuvrability, planing.
- Medium classic camber: classic camber underfoot with intermediate ski-snow contact: balances manoeuvrability with stability.
- Slightly raised tail: soft ending to curves, practical for touring (for fitting skins or sticking skis upright in the snow, not an unimportant point).
- Intermediate flex: a tolerant and comfortable ski.
- Weight: 2450g/pair @160 – 2600g/pair @166 – 2700g/pair @172 – 2750g/pair @178 (600g/pair less than the earlier version) – 3000g/pair @183 – 3150g/pair @188