Precise navigation meets global communication in the rugged GPSMAP 66i button-operated GPS handheld and satellite communicator1 featuring Garmin TopoActive mapping and inReach® technology.
- Need assistance? Send interactive SOS alerts anytime, globally.
- No matter where you are, two-way messaging lets you connect to the ones who matter.
- Let loved ones know precisely where you’re roaming with location tracking and sharing.
- Get maps as pretty as a picture and just as detailed —without a subscription.
- Know the terrain before you’re in it, with preloaded TopoActive maps of the U.S. and Canada.
- Stay out there longer with up to 35 hours of battery life in tracking mode and up to 200 hours in Expedition mode.
Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS and GALILEO) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
Navigate every trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
BIRDSEYE SATELLITE IMAGERY
Download high-resolution, photo-realistic maps directly to your device without an annual subscription. Easily find trails, pick stand locations, find parking, create waypoints and more.
PRELOADED TOPO MAPS
Preloaded TopoActive U.S. and Canada maps show you terrain contours, topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and geographical points.
This preloaded app lets you easily download hiking, cycling and other Wikiloc trails shared by outdoor enthusiasts like you. Get a free 60-day Wikiloc Premium trial to try this and other exclusive features.
Exchange text messages with loved ones, post to social media, or communicate from inReach to inReach in the field (satellite subscription required).
INTERACTIVE SOS ALERTS
In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to the Garmin IERCC, a 24/7 staffed professional emergency response coordination center (satellite subscription required).
Track your location, and share it with those at home or out in the field. They’ll be able to see your progress or ping your device for your GPS location and more (satellite subscription required).
OPTIONAL INREACH WEATHER
Use inReach connectivity to get detailed weather updates on GPSMAP 66i or a compatible device paired with the Garmin Explore™ app. Request weather forecasts for your current location, waypoints or destinations on your route.
When paired with your compatible smartphone, you can get real-time forecast information and live weather radar, so you’re always aware of the surrounding conditions.