The RIO Gold has a special taper design that gives incredible loop stability at distance, a unique profile that allows a rod to load at close range and a front taper that delivers perfect presentation of flies between sizes #22 and #2. The RIO Gold is the ultimate all round, floating line for the trout fly fisher.
The line is available in four color options. The standard fishing color options are a moss head, with a dusky gold running line, or a bright melon colored head with a gray running line. In certain sizes, anglers can also choose a bright, highly visible orange option that is an ideal line color for anglers that like to see their line easily when casting and fishing. In addition, it is an excellent color for teaching (or learning) with, and great for casting demonstrations and for shooting videos or photos with. This is available only in WF4 to WF6 sizes.
- AgentX – Two layer coating for maximum buoyancy, slickness, and durability
- MaxCast – Hydrophobic coating repels dirt and water for maximum slickness and buoyancy
- MaxFloat Tip – Specially coated tip section floats higher for reduced drag, longer presentations, and quieter pickups
- Dualtone – Obvious color changes help you know when to stop false casting and shoot line. Every line model and size is tested on a selection of fly rods to find the ideal place where the rod loads, and the color change starts at that point.
- Welded loops – Bombproof loops on both ends of the line allow for quick attachment of line to backing and leader to line