You’ve heard of skis that do it all, but experience has taught you that few skis are able do it all–make a ski too wide and it’ll carve groomers about as good as a couple of two by fours, but make it too narrow and you might as well have a couple of toothpicks strapped to your feet when it dumps a foot of snow. The Volkl 90Eight Ski is a true all-mountain thrasher with a mid-fat waist that will float a bit of boot-top pow, devour bumps, carve groomers like a Christmas goose, and make short work of spring-time slush. Volkl updated this season’s model with an ultralight carbon stringer for enhanced torsional stiffness.
Like the more big mountain-minded 100Eight, the 90Eight features Volkl’s 3D Ridge construction, which brings the bulk of material to the center of the ski, resulting in reduced swing weight, without sacrificing the ski’s dampness and stability at speed. The early taper sidecut eases turn initiation for an easy, playful feel when you’re hunting pow stashes or making tight turns down technical chutes. Volkl’s multi-layer wood core makes up the character and flex of the ski, which, since its a Volkl, is inherently stable at speed with plenty of power to bust through crud. So when you’re ready to kill your quiver and ski day in and day out on one pair of boards, step into the Volkl 90Eight and crush it all with confidence.
- A do-it-all ski with an appetite for all-mountain shredding
- Midfat waist width floats pow, devours bumps, and carves groomers
- Tip and tail rocker with camber underfoot and moderate taper
- Multi-layer wood core combines poppy poplar with durable ash
- Carbon stringer enhances torsional stiffness for added stability
- Full sidewall construction ensures a smooth and predictable ride
- 3D Ridge reduces swing weight and increases stability at speed